Sunday, December 14, 2008

2 weeks, 14 days, and 336 hours...

Today marks the ever nearing date of my departure to Romania- 2 weeks!!
This week was a wonderful and sad week all in one. With the flu, the death of my aunt, exams, a trip to Canda and a visit from out-of-town family, farwells, and finishing my last semester at Cornersteone, there has been much to consider and experience.

There has been difficulty in lacking the time to take a breather and reflect on these happenings. As I prepare for this next big step of life, I am thankful for these 2 weeks to prepare and celebrate the holiday with my family. In the midst of this busy week, it is affirming to glance back and realize how present the Lord has been over, in and through these times. I realize how I have so often fallen short yet He has drawn me to Him through His grace alone. Sometimes I get frustrated with the depth and the tainting effects of my sin that appears in so many areas. Yet, He constantly teaches me further lessons in order to develop and be refined and sifted in order to grow in His righteousness. And this really does excite me, that He loves me enough to love me in spite of this, and to not let me remain this way.

So, as I think of Romania, I am encouraged to live more fully in His promises and realization of the overaching purpose of life- His glory and His honor. Pointing to Him instead of myself brings such amazing peace and comfort! As He leads in Romania and I spend time with brothers and siters over there, I am excited to live in the unity of the body of Christ, even across the ocean! And this includes excitement in the continuing in the effort to live a life of humilty, gentleness, patience, and love for the edification of my sisters and brothers and the glory of Him!! There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all through all and in all- even in Romania!!!!

Joy,
Lauren

Ephesians 4:1-5
As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

lauren,
this is so exciting about you going to romania and i look forward to hearing more from you while you are over there. that will be such a wonderful experience. i look forward to carefully following your journal while you serve the Lord. i love you and i hope you are joyfully recovering from such a bittersweet week. i love you lots. lets get together very soon.