Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Don't let the bed bugs bite"


"Good night, sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite!"

I don't know about you, but I have often said this phrase without the faintest clue that bed bugs really and truly do exist! And they are actually called "bed bugs"!

I have had the privilege to encounter these hungry little pests. In the wee hours of the morning, I have actually become their favorite meal! Ahhh!! Yes... imagine now, sleeping the first night after realizing what had biten you, it was so difficult to fall asleep! I am not so sure that it was the best idea to research bed bugs, but now I know all about these creatures :). They are not a result of the lack of cleanliness. Bed bugs actually are an increasing problem in the States, even at 5 star hotels. What happens is they hitch a ride on your clothing and go where you go basically! My thought is that I possibly meet these little dudes when working with the kids, the elderly... but really they could have come from anywhere.

So yesterday, I located some bug killing spray in hopes to terminate my new roommates! I came home and cleaned the whole room- vacuumed, dusted, and sprayed the bed, floor and mattress! It has been quite the experience :) But really, I would appreciate prayers in this area. More so for my sanity, and ability to fall asleep. I realize that this is an anxiety and worry I need to give to the Lord, as silly as it seems! I do not want to be ruled by the fear of things biting me at night. And really, how bad is it?! I mean, its not like they are poisonous or of any health threat! This is just another area where I can ask the Lord for His protection, His peace, and leave it at that :).

Well, this was not a topic I ever imagined writing about,but it just part of the adventure!

Here are two photos, of a much more pleasant sight than the one above! The snow is still falling here, and I can never get over how beautiful it is. Tonight, we were walking home from gospel choir, and sparkling, glittery, large snowflakes were floating gently from the clouds...God's blessings are abundant when a heart is delighted in Him!


Love and joy family and friends!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my beautiful Ms. Lauren, Happy Belated Birthday, I pray that you were able to celebrate with HIM and your friends, glory be to God who gave you life!!!