Sunday, March 1, 2009

Golden


A Golden Birthday
22 years
February 22, 2009






This year, my birthday was spent here in Romania! It was quite a blessing and joy to spend my golden birthday in such memorable circumstances. Although absent from my friends and family in the US, I am so very grateful for the family and friends that the Lord has placed in my life here.
The first birthday surprise was 2 ginormous packages from home!!! I was so floored to see them, and Rachel and mamma took joy in hiding them and ushering me into my room blindfolded to reveal the suprise packages. They were full of goodies from home- oreos, french vanilla coffee cream, marshmallows, syrup, my retainer (hehee) and gifts for the family here as well. Squeals of excitment, laughter and smiles was the noise coming from my bedroom as I opened the package with Rachel and mamma!! Thank you family for making my birthday here so special, even so far from home- (special thanks especially to Dennis and Renee! love you two!).
Morning of my birthday- Anita decorated the table with american placemates and candles. As I lit each candle we discussed memories from other years of life. It was so nice to reflect and share fun and special memories with her and Rachel! Anita also shared with me that every birthday she chooses a psalm for that year- I loved that idea and have decided to implement it as well! I chose Psalm 92 for various reasons.
The rest of the day held- a delicious lunch, a visit from friends, encouraging messages and cards, phone conversations with everyone in my family, and watching a movie! It was truly a wonderful birthday, and really when it comes down to it, I am thankful for another year- hours, days, months- time, to fully grow in the knowledge and joy of the Lord being my portion and my all!
This a section from Psalm 92, which I chose for the year, that illustrates well my prayer for the remainder of my life, that I may be like a cedar of Lebanon... bearing fruit in old age for His glory.
Psalm 92:12-15

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;

planted in the house of the LORD,
they will flourish in the courts of our God.

They will still bear fruit in old age,
they will stay fresh and green,

proclaiming, "The LORD is upright;
he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.


Thank you!!

Love and joy,

Lauren

No comments: