Saturday, March 14, 2009

Northern Ireland


It's true, Ireland is a beauty like none other.



With the sea to the east and the mountains in the west, I am surrealy snuggled up in a cozy, stone, church parish in the midst of a dream, finding it necessary to pinch myself.



Just walking outside the door, down the street and around a corner, finds me catching my breath to the glories of God's creation! It is so beautiful!!



I do not have much time, but I just wanted to share some Irish proverbs I have found that were interesting. There is so much beneath the surface here in Northern Ireland, and it has been quite the adventure learning about this culture and it's people as well. I am currently reading a book entitled "Angela's Ashes" that is a memoir of a poor Irish family during the early-mid 1900's. I look forward to hopefully sharing more later.



Also, it has truly been wonderful to be here, visiting with a friend I used to work with at the Christian bookstore. There are some strong, godly brothers and sisters in Christ that I have been privileged to meet here as well, and it has just been so refreshing and encouraging! I did not realize how much I need this time till I came here!



Well, I am off to spend time with youth at a drop in center called JIMS!



I will leave you with the Irish proverbs :)

  • A friend's eye is a good mirror.



  • Life is like a cup of tea, it's all in how you make it.



  • Need teaches a plan.



  • The longest road out is the shortest road home.



  • There is no need like the lack of a friend.



  • What fills the eye fills the heart.
Kregel Parable workers reunited!
Love this girl dearly..


Megan, myself and Becca at Tullymore park :)

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hello dear! I can't wait until you come home. Even though I won't be seeing you until June anyways. I'm so glad you had the chance to visit Ireland! :) Love you.