Thursday, January 15, 2009

Turning a page..

Well tomorrow I will be turning a new page, beginning a new chapter of the journey.
I head to Sighisoara in the morning, bags packed and memories treasured.
It was quite the experience, attempting to arrange my transportation to Sighisoara. I will have to refrain from details however, as I must snuggle under the covers for some necessary sleep.
However, let me mention some topics of future discussion- partly for aiding my failing memory ;) and partly to provide a bit of possible suspense!

Here are the topics:
  • A Day of Silence
  • "Maid" in Missions
  • Village Vulnerability
  • Testifying Tongues

There is so much to talk and share... I already feel as though as I am behind in updating!

But in the past few days my heart has experienced much.... and I am grateful for the friendships that have formed, the life-giving, edifying conversations, the moments of discomfort that shape, the witness of God's moving through His people and His words of truth... its been amazing!

So, I am uncertain as to what Internet access will be like in Sighisoara, but I will update again as soon I have the ability to update. Thank you everyone for the prayers and support, the emails and the encouragement. I can not say enough how much that means and how it touches my heart and spurs me on during some difficult times.

And I will leave you with a favorite passage of mine from Scripture that testifies to the Lord's goodness and His faithfulness, and embodies what I hope to do not only with this blog, but also in my daily life... to tell of all His amazing deeds! What a wonderful God we serve..

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

Psalm 73:23-28

1 comment:

Dave said...

Good word. Amen to that passage! Be encouraged, Lauren, that despite distance from comfort of the Flannle undy's city, fam friends n the sweet joy of your great roomies... hedonistically feast on God and learn all the more what that means. Being in the "desert" is where we draw near the most to give Him our utmost.